The Chicago Joint Public Safety Training Campus will be a new state-of-the-art facility to serve the city’s continued efforts to provide the best tools, technology and training environment for first responders.
The campus will be located at is 4433 W Chicago Ave in West Garfield Park on the site of an old railroad yard. Groundbreaking is scheduled for December.
- Deepen and strengthen the training capabilities of both new and current police officers, firefighters and paramedics, allowing for comprehensive cross-training among departments.
- An investment in the West Side of Chicago to bring improved connectivity between residents and public safety personnel.
- To broaden community development and police reform.
- Local subcontractor opportunities available.
- Hiring of local trades-people in the construction of the facility.